Chopsticks are a pair of thin sticks that are used for eating food. It has been used in many Asian countries. Here we will discuss on How to Use Chopsticks. These are also known as the most multipurpose Chinese utensil. If you wish to use Chopsticks properly, you can follow the guides below.
What are Chopsticks?
Chopsticks are one of the most versatile utensils that have been used in Asian countries. Chopsticks play an important role in Chinese food. It is a very familiar eating utensil in many Asian countries. Chopsticks were first used by the Chinese, later spread to other Asian countries like Japan, Korea, and Vietnam, etc.
How to Use Chopstick
It is very easy to use Chopsticks. But who maybe didn’t used-to using them, they can be a bit of a challenge. We think the following guides will be helpful for them. So, here’s our step-by-step guide on How to Use Chopsticks:
- Firstly, you should Hold your dominant hand loosely. People who clench their chopstick usually just end up flinging their food all over the place. Place the first chopstick in the valley between your pointer finger and thumb and balance it on your ring finger.
- Then you have to Place the second chopstick in the valley between your pointer finger and thumb along with the first chopstick, but rest this one on your middle finger instead of your ring finger.
- Now use your thumb, pointer, and middle fingers to grasp the second chopstick a bit more tightly.
- The first chopstick (on the bottom) remains more or less stationary. The index and middle fingers do all the heavy lifting with the second chopstick. Let’s have a demonstration. (Our refrigerator was pretty uncommon. So it’s not like you need to use chopstick for this particular task, but it’s going to have to be the grapes).
- Now Using your index and middle fingers to move the top chopstick up and down, open up your chopsticks. But remember you should keep your hand loose. Following the rules, you can maintain good control over the Chopstick.
How to Take Care of Chopsticks
We have tried our best to show you how to use Chopsticks properly in the article. Here we are going to show you how to take care of these after using them.
- After use, you should wash your chopsticks with hot water and wipe them dry with a soft cloth.
- You need to store the chopstick out of direct sunlight. Unless it is possible for discoloration to occur.
- Please don’t use brillo pads on the chopstick.
- Don’t use your chopstick with dishwashers and dish dryers.
- The ends of the chopstick are sharp, so children should be especially careful when using them.
- Finally, don’t use the chopstick for anything other than eating.
We have tried to show you how to use chopsticks when eating your dishes. These are very familiar in Asian countries such as China, Japan, Vietnam, Thailand, and Korea. Day by day it is becoming popular in other countries. If you wish to use Chopsticks properly, you can follow the guides of the article.